Can your business really do better?
As accountants, we are passionate about helping owners overcome business challenges, build the value of the business and give you the lifestyle you want along with it. Sounds great doesn't it? Who wouldn't want that? But what does it actually mean? And can your business really perform better?
To achieve this we ask, and help you answer, questions like:
- How far could my business go, if I put into practice simple, proven good business principles?
- How could I best achieve a successful, profitable business that is personally rewarding and delivers the lifestyle I want?
- Who can help me identify and manage the key issues in my business?
- How can I do something about my head full of ideas about how to make my business take off - when I'm so busy?
- Which factors are really critical to driving the success of my business?
- What could go wrong, and what can I do about it?
- Surely there's got to be more to life than work?
Remember these two truisms:
- If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it with remarkable accuracy! and
- If you keep on doing the things you've always done, you'll keep on getting the same results you've always got.
Of course you could do this yourself. Business is not like rocket science - or plumbing - or any other skill requiring qualification or certification. These days many books, courses and systems all offer "the way" to make your business succeed.
Why should you employ us to be on your team?
- Family-owned and operated businesses have different dynamics from businesses which are run by professional managers for a larger business or a group of owners not actively involved with the business. For example, the range of training and skills, and the decision-making process tend to be different - even though the basic issues are the same.
- Solutions in books and courses are given in general terms. They are not translated into specifics which apply to your individual business. Certainly most business principles are universal - but understanding how to apply them to your own business is not always obvious. Sadly despite the apparent simplicity of ideas, few businesses actually implement even the most basic.
- Most often the problem is simply FTI, or Failing To Implement! We business owners are so busy, caught working IN our business we don't set aside regular time to work ON rather than IN our business. This is guaranteed to make any approach ineffective.
So what makes us think we can help you to really make a difference?
- We are a family-owned business and we take our own medicine. We know that the principles, tools, systems and resources we use work, because we implement them in our own business - not just because we see them working in other businesses.
- We don't tell you what do do - but we do help you as and when you need help in implementing your decisions. We may never understand all of the intricacies and nuances of your specific business as well as you do - but we will help you to understand the universal principles of business, and how they apply to you.
And in case you fear massive fees, we charge nothing without first getting your agreement to each step. Although we have many tools we can provide, the minimum is usually a monthly review meeting where we document your goals - progress of goals for the last month and targets for the next month. That way you can always see the direction we're heading.
Usually we find it helpful to analyse and document your business status and initial goals at the start - but this can be a significant task. We can offer you a much simpler DIY version of this without our input - or we can tackle a task you have in mind. This lets you experience the way we work before committing yourself to any expenditure, so your major risk is your time. However, there is also a risk that you may not implement that on your own.
Let's say you decide to go for a run every morning. Sooner or later you will wake up to the sound of wind and rain, with an extra busy day ahead of you, and a bit of a sore throat. Bed will sooner or later be more attractive than running. And each time you miss a run makes it easier to miss the next. However, if you know you have a running partner waiting for you at a regular spot, you are infinitely more likely to overcome the odds and continue your fitness programme, with all the benefits that brings.
We can be your running partner in your business fitness program!